Medicinal Permaculture Weekend
Tentative Date: September 10-11
@ Sacred Roots Herbal Sanctuary in Shepherdstown, WV
10 am Saturday – 4 pm Sunday
Join herbalist & Permaculture designer Ashley Davis for a weekend focused on growing medicinal plants in symbiotic relationship.
We will discuss the medicinal uses, ecological functions and growing preferences of some of Ashley’s favorite herbs. We’ll also go over the design process used in Permaculture and apply this process along with Permaculture principles, techniques and our knowledge of these plants to co-create a medicinal polyculture.
- Saturday 10am- noon: Introduction to Permaculture & its Principles
- Saturday noon- 1pm: Lunch
- Saturday 1 – 3 pm Design Process Overview
- Saturday 3 – 5 pm Forest Gardening Primer
- Saturday 5 – 6 pm Dinner
- Saturday 6 – 7 pm Tincture Making
- Saturday 7 – 8 pm Plant Yoga
- Sunday 7 – 8:30 am Breakfast
- Sunday 8 – 9 am Nature Observation (optional exercise)
- Sunday 9 am – noon Medicinal Plant Polycultures
- Sunday noon- 1 pm Lunch
- Sunday 1 – 3 pm Planting & Sheet Mulching our Garden
- Sunday 3 – 4 pm Q & A, Closing Circle
$290 per person, includes 4 organic, vegetarian meals (with vegan options).
You can send payment to Ashley via PayPal, Venmo or by check:
Paypal ($290): firstname.lastname@example.org
Venmo ($290)- email@example.com
Checks ($280)- make out to Sacred Garden School & mail to PO Box 1434 Shepherdstown, WV 25443)
*lodging is not included in the price*
There is limited camping available at Sacred Roots. Those who are interested in camping on site for the weekend can reserve sites here
Accommodations can also be found in Shepherdstown via Airbnb and there are multiple hotels in nearby Charles Town & Harpers Ferry.